Who am I ?

My photo
Little bird flying in virtual world I am now a Model in Classic w/ Style University but still learn a lot.

Friday, September 10, 2010

To be a judge for the first time


I did not expect it. Yesterday I was called to be a judge of the Styling.
Having never been one, I was a little put under stress. It is the best way to be made enemies because in this kind of competition :-), there is a lot of subjectivity and only one will win.

It was also not easy because Lua was one of the competitors and I had to try to remain the most impartial possible. With Lua we did the same training course, graduate at the same time and I could imagine what she could feel.

We have a too short time to write many notes if we want to look at everything because the turns are quickly linked, so we notice more hard the blatant errors.

I was luck to had no lag so I could follow each one right.

Yesterday they were almost all pretty good. Details made the difference. Once the calculation was made, the four first ones were held between 3 or 4 points on 50! So I had changed nothing and let the result as the calculation gave it.

And so Lua won with near her, Svea 2nd and ntaly 3rd.

Some was good but lost a stop. Lisana, Taby, Laylah, Veronica Debbie etc. spend lot of time to teach for free this basic training for the competition, so to move right is mandatory and I had to notice it. To be concentrated on the move and stop is needed.

The hardest was to judge Ladysunfire, she did a great job, had a great outfit but was not in the Topic of this angel thema. I'm pretty sure she will won many others time.

It was too an excellent training for me. I can now know what the judges see and how their decision maybe difficult to take. I also learnt to look at the slightest detail with an a little more critical spirit.

I would now like to congrat all the participants, and thank Anrol, Steve and Lisana who relied on me.

Don't forget these contests are free, just join one of the free training to know the move and stops and then come in time.

It happened in Classical with Style.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, is true, is harder when you know people, was at the same class, and do events together and are friends. But judge need to be focussed in Model skills, movement, poses, outfit and description, you can be perfect, but if you missed a spot ( I saw that too lol) you will lost points.
    You did a great job judging Mes :)

    ReplyDelete